Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I'm back and so is Trent Green

After almost two weeks and a plethora of lost points from professor Klein for not updating, I'm back. But, more importantly, so is Trent Green (with the Rams that is) and I'm a little worried.

Green has the potential to be a solid backup. The problem is that he is old and injury prone, so I don't know what makes him that different from Gus Freotte. Green was better in his prime than Gus was at any point in his career, but he hasn't been healthy in close to four years.

The biggest problem is that there is a good chance that Green will see playing time this year, and quite possibly a lot of it. I'm quickly losing faith in Bulger's ability to stay healthy and even though I think he still has a few good years in him, the team may need to start looking to the future.

I know I posted a few weeks ago that Bulger can still play, and I think he can but it is not a bad idea to try and pick up a young back-up that they can start grooming as Bulger's replacement.
Well, that's all for this week and as always, please don't draft Chris Long.

No comments: