Friday, February 29, 2008

You Always Remember Your First

The Rams have cut my all-time favorite player. The Rams have cut Isaac Bruce.

Torry may have become the bigger name, Torry may have been the no. 1 receiver on the team since he came into the league, but Bruce was my favorite. It is a Bruce jersey that I don every Sunday. The first St Louis Rams jersey I ever owned ( I do own a Los Angeles Rams Jerome Bettis jersey). A jersey that I received when I was twelve from my now deceased grandmother. It was when I received that jersey that I declared him my "all-time favorite player."

It is still possible that Bruce could be re-signed but no one seems particularly optimistic. I just really hope that no one else signs him. If I see Ike Bruce wearing another teams uniform next year I might just cry.

No comments: