Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Al Saunders is Back and All is Right with the World

Okay, I know this is old news but, I am just thrilled about the hiring of Al Saunders. To anyone who doesn't know, he used to be the receivers coach for the Rams and he was one of the architects of the greatest show on turf. He has been with the Redskins the last couple of years as their offensive coordinator.



I really hope he can get Linehan to be less cautious with the offense. It's not that I don't like Linehan, anyone who is not Mike Martz is okay in my book, it's just that he needs to learn that when you get the ball with two minutes left in the first half with good field postition and a three point lead that running the clock out is not your only option. This team still has a lot of weapons and they need someone who knows how to use them. I think Saunders is that guy.



That all said, if Linehan doesn't get it done this year, then I have no problem with him being let go. And if Linehan is let go, then, I think, Saunders will be the perfect guy to step into the head coach position.



Finally, I'm going to end this in the same way that I plan to end this blog, the way I plan to end every blog I write before the draft. With a plea to the Rams. Please don't draft Chris Long.

No comments: