Monday, February 11, 2008

Rams, Please Don't Draft Chris Long

The title says it all. I really don't want my Rams to draft Chris Long. I know he is supposed to be the greatest end to ever play the game but I just don't see it. He plays for an average team in an average conference. I'm not saying he won't be a talented player, to the contrary I think he will probably be a perennial pro-bowler but the Rams have the second overall pick and it just seems to me that a pick like that should be reserved for someone special whose performance will stun audiences for years to come. And I don't thing Long is that guy. Also, in the back of my head, I just worry that he is getting too much credit because of who his father is. I'm not saying that's definitely the case, it just worries me.

So, who would I pick? Glenn Dorsey. He's the best defensive player for a team who plays in the toughest conference in college football, sorry Pac-10 and Big-10 but you're competing for no. 2. He played against the best competition week in and week out and continually put up big numbers.


Honestly, I wouldn't be upset if they traded the pick. If the Cowboys want Darren Mcfadden and are willing to give up something worthwhile to get him, then I have no problem (yes, I know, I'm sure that John Shaw is anxiously reading this blog in hopes that I give my approval on this scenario). All I really care about is that they don't draft Chris Long.

No comments: